Thursday, September 29, 2005

BleU Cheese


Damn ....I think I just killed my taste for moldy cheese.
I just came back from lunch and had a salad with some blue cheese. Apprently I didn't monitor how much I put into my salad. I like a small hint taste of it but today I bit into a large piece. It left this strong like bitter/animal like taste in my mind. Ever seen that bitter beer commercials where some dude drinks some bitter beer and his face literally explodes into an old geezer with no teeth? That's how I looked like for 10 minutes.

Reading up on blue cheese doesn't seem to appealing either. For those of you out there who don't much about blue cheese the green you see is actually veins of Penicillium mold that appear after a couple of months of aging. Does that mean if I get a cold I don't have to go to the doctor and get some anti-biotics now and make a quick stop at my local Safeway to pick up a container of blue cheese? Hey....it's cheaper than paying for penicilin :-).

I read up on some dude making his own blue cheese. Ummmmm....I don't think I'd trust myself growning mold in my garage to later sprinkle on my salad. Who knows if it would turn out to be toxic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home