Thursday, October 05, 2006

India


So I'm gonna live in India to work for about a month. So I'm thinking I may try to check out the Taj Mahal. This is great since I definitely need a change of pace.

I could never stand being in one place for too long. For example for each year I was in college I lived somewhere different with different roommates. Another example, I have a house but I sleep there half the time (think this is more of a commute issue). But interesting enough I'm happy to have a sleeping bag in the trunk of my car and go visit friends and crash on their couches. I like the comfort to see and be in different environments. I wonder why that is? Maybe I don't like to be confined to boundaries which could explain my phobia of living in the middle of San Francisco. Ehhh traffic, cars, long commutes, too many people, stepping in dog poop, noisy, smells like pee everywhere, bums chasing you down for money. I'm going wayyyy off topic .... done .

So the plan would be to be in Chennai India from October 14 - November 14. From what I understand it's one of India's "silicon valley's" the other being in Bangalore only an hours drive. I'll just make my driver drive me there to at least check out the area ;-). Did I mention a driver? hahah yeah!

To prepare for this trip I had to endure 4 freakn painful shots, spend a day at the Indian consulate in San Francisco to obtain my Visa (minor complications), and spend the majority of time at work in meetings discussing the game plans and progress of the trip.

So what should I bring back from India?

4 Comments:

Blogger cindy said...

From what I hear India is truly another world unto its own. Have fun, don't get sick and bring back lots of stories!

October 06, 2006 2:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring back some indians for !xotelle!

October 06, 2006 3:50 PM

 
Blogger -TP- said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 15, 2006 2:36 PM

 
Blogger -TP- said...

I want a pet monkey!

October 15, 2006 2:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home