Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Bathroom Man



Ever gone to a club or bar and after you do whatever you need to do and wash your hands you reach over to grab a paper towel and there are none and some dude hands you one? First time I saw that I thought how convenient it was. But then it just gets annoying. I don't need someone to help me pour soap on my hands and dry my hands. I can do that myself. And then you feel obligated to give them a tip.

Another puzzling thing is where do they come from? Are they an actual employee of the club? If so he must have been interviewed for the position as the "Bathroom Man". What do you ask in an interview like this? How many hands have you poured soap on? How many pieces of paper towels have you passed out? What do you do in a situation when two people need paper towels at the same time? What would the Bathroom Man have on a resume...I mean he's got to work his way up to fancy clubs right? Maybe something like the local Mc Donalds to Studio 55 catering to the biggest stars. Do they travel to other countries as well? I was in London and the idea of "Bathroom Man" seems to be catching on there to.

But seriously .... It's getting annoying .... Can't I just pee in peace without having to worry about whether or not I have change to give a man money to dry my hands?

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Here's what i do when I spot a bathroom man - I just don't wash my hands.

Yeah call me gross or whatever, but how do you know that the bathroom man's hand is clean when he hands you the paper towel?

January 23, 2006 8:10 PM

 
Blogger Rico said...

hahah remind me not to shake your hand :-/

January 25, 2006 11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home