Wednesday, October 18, 2006

India Day 4: The art of honking


The day I walked out of the airport and into my car I thought my driver had the worst case of road rage cause he would honk that horn every 5 seconds...I'm not kidding every 5 seconds. Well I've been noticing everyone honks their horn every 5 seconds. It turns out that they honk horns not to flip another dude off but to alert a driver infront or next to you that you're with in proximity. So instead of using your turn signals you'd honk your horn before you would merge into another lane.....except there are no lanes. It's just one strip of road and everyone just piles in and plows through narrowly missing other cars, motorcycles, or pedestrians. So if you hear me honking my horn, I'm not flipping you off....I'm just saying hello ;-).

1 Comments:

Blogger cindy said...

sounds like you're having tons of fun adventures in India

October 18, 2006 12:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home