Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Fuck'n Nail!

I'm busy trying to get things done this week and now I have to deal with a potentiol flat on my car????? Not only is it not patchable, but I have replace ALL 4 tires on my car instead of buying 2. Why, cause I thought I was slick in buying an AWD car. It's really nice to have in Tahoe since I don't have to put on chains at all. And my car outperforms the semi-lifted Toyota Tacoma I used to drive in the snow and gets way better mileage.

I went to a gas station to figure out if I can get it fixed. They said it's too close to the wall of the tire. But I thought it was kind of fishy that they wanted to quote me on a whole set of tires for about $600. Shit...like I walk around with a big wad of cash in my back pocket. On second though let me bust out my savings account located in my shoe. He said I wouldn't such a good deal any where else.

I decided to take a trip to COSTCO. COSTCO is da place for everything. In college I used to shop there once a month. All the food I bought at bulk would literally last me the whole month. So if you think about it, I went grocery shopping 12 times a year!...alright getting side tracked here. Well I ended up getting a quote for 4 tires for 400 bucks with installtion, lifetime balancing, and rotation included. Now I'm saving $200 compared to the guy at the gas station selling them for 600 bucks. Best deal my ass!

So I guess tomorrow I'll be making a visit to COSTCO. No matter what I still think AWD is still worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger cindy said...

Damn .. sorry to hear about the tires. =(

April 20, 2005 9:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home