Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Stupid Wheel Bearing



Lately I've been noticing this weird humming noise comming out of my wheels of my Subaru. At first I thought the wheels needed to be rotated. I rotated them but the noise still there but in the same area. Talking to a Subie mechanic and some googling I found out that there's a common problem in the earlier models of the wheel bearing wearing out with in 35 - 50 k of use. I'm at 45k.....and the mechanic said with the current warranty I have it may be covered to! If not then I guess I may have to replace it myself. Doesn't sound to hard. Heck I replaced the clutch of a 1984 Honda Civic.....but was left in pieces for a week :-).

This whole time I thought I was tripping. Even my passengers thought I was on crack. Just ask Pat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home