Friday, October 20, 2006

India Day 5,6,7: Diwali


The "Festival of Lights" is what it's called here in India and it symbolises the victory of good over evil, and lamps are lit as a sign of celebration and hope for mankind. It usually occurs in October/November, and is one of the most popular and eagerly awaited festivals of India (thank you wikipedia).

What does that mean for me? I get to blow up the biggest and baddest fireworks I can find. Fourth of July sucks compared to this. Roger, Matt, and I had our driver take us to a stand where we eventually wiped them out for their best fireworks. I'm definitely taking some video footage. Too bad I can't do this back in the Bay Area.

3 Comments:

Blogger -TP- said...

You better bring me back some Indian fireworks!!!! Smuggle it in your luggage ;-)

October 21, 2006 2:12 PM

 
Blogger Rico said...

You trying to prevent me from coming back to the US?

October 23, 2006 6:14 AM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Wow. I never thought I'd find myself saying this about diwali (simply because i had never heard of it before starting work here), but I'm jealous that you're gonna see what it's really about in India I'm sure!

October 23, 2006 6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home