Thursday, April 28, 2005

Family Techie

Do any of you guys who work in the tech industry all of a sudden become desktop support for your family? I swear every single time I see one of my brothers and meet up with my parents I get the special treatment. In 10 minutes I'll be on a computer getting rid of a virus or installing a new drive. I like helping my family out and all but after staring at a computer all day long and I get off of work and I'm still doing the same thing? I like helping my family out but I need to rest my eyes a bit before I become cross eyed or colored blind like Pat:-) (sorry to hear that dude).

Not only am I the families computer desktop pc doctor, but there's something called inheritance. No I'm not talking about programming data structures where one object inherhits the characteristics of another object. I'm talking about how I become my mom's, co-workers, sisters, husbands, aunts, step sisters desktop technician. I could have sworn I told her that the cd rom is NOT a mechanical coffee mug holder :-)
I my mom tell's one person then that person tells her family and friends and sooner or later I've became free desktop support for silicon valley. I'm sure all those guys who run a business off of craigs list for desktop support must hate me.

I'd rather be outdoors enjoying the fresh air. If it's being a beach bum on the shores of the Pacific Ocean or sitting on top of half dome enjoying the sunset...those unproductive days I cherish.

Time to hit the hay...

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

You should just say "I don't know how to do this" from now on. At least that's what I do.

April 28, 2005 9:45 AM

 
Blogger -TP- said...

haahha
Dude I run the "Geek Squad" MidWest regional Post. :-(

April 28, 2005 9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home