Thursday, February 23, 2006

My nightmare




I had this nightmare that I woke up and my harddrive crashed on my computer system. The same harddrive where I have been storing all of my digital photo albums. I was thinking there must be a way to easily and efficiently back up that specific drive automatically to an external device. Also if I have a lot of stuff to just only backup the differences between the two locations.
So I went to my favorite toy store in the world at Fry's in Palo Alto and found exactly what I wanted. An external harddrive by western digital. All I had to do is just intall the software and connect it to my computer. I tell the software that I would like automatic updates of the specific drive. It also gives me the option to just push a button at any time and it would check to see if anything needs to be backed up to the external drive.

Now I can finally sleep until my next nightmare.

4 Comments:

Blogger Powderridin said...

That sounds awesome, did you have to do crazy programming nerdy stuff to get it to back up for you? I definitely have nightmares about that...I've got +60gigs of music and lots of pics also. I need something like that.

February 25, 2006 10:31 PM

 
Blogger Rico said...

Nope. It's all pretty much plug and play! WOW 60 gigs of music! I may have to plug my harddrive into your port......hmmm that didn't sound right. You know what I mean.

February 26, 2006 5:41 PM

 
Blogger Powderridin said...

How much was the HD? Can I buy it online?
You can plug your harddrive into my port anytime!
You have to come to colorado though.

February 27, 2006 10:26 PM

 
Blogger Rico said...

Yeah you can find them at any computer place. They're usually characterized as "USB external harddrives" and on the box it would say it comes with back up software. Mine is a 200 GB western digital. Got it for 150 bones at Fry's. Other manufactuers are seagate, and maxtor. It's defenitly worth the money to back up your priceless pictures and music. They've got bigger ones too...but as time goes my they get cheaper.
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=106

March 03, 2006 11:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home