Friday, June 03, 2005

Dinner with RedHat CEO

Wednesday night me and a few other guys gathered with Mattew Szuilk (CEO RedHat) and John Buckman (CEO of magnatune) to have dinner in one of New Orleans fine restaurants. It's funny cause I never knew RedHat's CEO's name or how he looked like until I arrived in New Orleans. I was asked if I'd to have dinner with some dude named Matthew. I was like sure just as long as I get a free meal ;-). We ended up walking from our hotel and on our way over to the restaurant we got lost because his administrative assistant seemed to not have a sense of direction or had one too many hurricanes. We made a few wrong turns and pretty much ended up walking through the wrong part of town. We were pretty much passing by strip bars where people were trying to intice us to peak into their clubs....thats funny.

We arrive at the restaurant and we all sit down. We all start talking....and damn can that CEO from magnatune talk. I thi nk we were all done with our dinner before he even took a bite. Oh well. But it turns out that Matthew is a June Reactor and Creed fan. John's got a wide range of music taste from Baroc (OOOOOOOlllld school music...older than Classical) , classical , indian to heavy metal.

Talking with Matt turns out he's got a family. He's got a daughter in college majoring in dance. Seems like he was expressing some concern about his daughters decision for being a dance major.

In general this experience kind of inspires me to create a company and run it. Doesn't matter if its a dot com or mybe a bar. I feel like I kind of want to veer off of being a pion techie and create something and lead it.......got any ideas?


Matthew CEO RedHat


John CEO Magnatune

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

did you ask how old his daughter is?

June 04, 2005 1:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home